The beauty of My-2nd-Brain is that it is so easy and intuitive to use that you can start using it without needing to read a Users Guide, even though it is extremely powerful and complex under the Hood. However, if you prefer reading a Users Guide to make things even clearer, then read this quick guide.
Key NOTES about the service:
- Once you log into your My-2nd-Brain account, you will instantly be at the My-2nd-Brain dashboard, where you can type to take new Notes and instantly see any matching Notes.
- As you start typing the service continuously via a Smart Search as you Type engine checks your current Notes for any matching Notes.
- The matching Notes then Auto display under the Matching Notes section, to the right of Note taking section.
- Matching Notes displayed under Matching Notes section will each have series of icons that you can hold your Mouse over for details & actions.
- NOTE: The Search as you Type will not be running when you 1st start typing since you will have Zero Notes at that point. It will Auto run after you have posted your 1st Note.
- The Search as you Type will Auto run after each 3 to 5 Characters that you type.
- The Search as you Type will stop Auto running if it does not believe that it can fetch any new Notes..
- The real power and value of My-2nd-Brain Note Service will become clear to you once you have many Notes taken.
- Your Notes by default are saved in the Folder General. You can have all your Notes saved in this Folder, and let the Smart Search as you Type organize your data for you.
- You can click on icon and create new Folders and save your Notes to separate Folders for more organization.
- You can take simple Notes, or you can click on any of the Option buttons to add optional data to your Notes.
- You can always Update your Notes, by clicking on the button that will display on your Notes button list once it is fetched.
Set a Note as an Event with Reminder
Via this option you can set a Note to be an event that you should be reminded of. You can then assign a Date & Time for the reminder. You will then be sent an email reminder about this Note at your selected date and time. And you can designate a Note to be a one time event, in which case you are sent 1 reminder about it. Or you can designate a Note to be a recurring event in which case you are sent recurring reminders about this event, so that you never again forget an Anniversary, a Birth Day, etc..
Share a Note
Notes you post here on My-2nd-Brain by Default are completely Private and Secure via SSL encryption for your view only. Via this option you can make your Note to be view-able by the Public. If you choose this Option then upon Posting your Note you will get a URL that you can then Share with whom you want to view this Note.
You can choose to Share your Note with the public with them required to enter a Password, or you can choose to Share your Note with the public without them requiring a password. If you choose to Share a Note with Password required, then only those whom you give the chosen Password to will be able to view the Note.
Hyper Link a Note
Via this option you can add a Hyper Link (URL) to your entire Note. Although you can include as many URLs as you like inside your Note, the URL you specify here, will become the Hyper Link for this entire Note. Allowing you to click on the Hyper Link icon for this Note in the Matching Notes list. Making you more efficient and productive.
Hash Tag a Note
Via this option you can add Hash Tag a Note, so that you can then make that Note instantly find-able and shareable via that Hash Tag. Example: you are adding a note about your Friend's Birth Day. You can then Hash Tag this note by adding here: #johns39_bd_party. Later when you enter in the My Notes this Hash Tag, then this note will be Auto fetched as the first matching result.
A Hash Tag must start with # sign, must not have any blank spaces, must contain Alphanumeric only, with Maximum length of 30 chars.
Control Matching Method
Via this option you can choose to change the Default "Search as you type" method for finding matching notes to what you are typing from the default Search Engine method to the simple matching exact Words method.
You generally want to keep the search method for Search as you type to be the powerful Search Engine method compared to simple exact matching method.
Control Auto Matching
The default method for displaying the matching notes to what you are typing is on Automatic basis. Via this option you can turn Off Automatic matching and instead fetch matching notes to what you have typed, via Manual clicking on the "Fetch Matching Notes" button.