How is it that Anoox is the only non-profit Search engine & Social Network?
Because Anoox is that rarest of Internet companies that puts People over Profits (POP). So it took us 10+ Years and Tons of sweat equity Capital by volunteers from around the World to develop this network for the benefit of People & Small Businesses on Main Street rather than for profits and share prices on Wall Street
What does it mean that Anoox search engine is People Powered?
Anoox search engine first Machine Indexes the listings, results are then Democratically ranked based on Crowd Wisdom
. This means
based on what the Collective
, based on what YOU
So Anoox puts the Power
of something as important as the Search engine, the Gateway
to what People think, what People buy,
who People vote for, etc. etc.; in the hand of the We the People
, via our robust Social Network that is Free to Join.
How do we as Anoox members get the best Answers out? Get the Truth out?
There are many parts to our Collective effort
to get the best Answers out, to get the Truth out, based on Crowd Wisdom
. They are composed of:
- Anoox People Powered Search engine, where the search results are driven by Crowd Wisdom. Because for most people the 1st place they go to get the answer to their questions is the search engine. So you can say that search engine is THE GATEWAY to what People know and buy, etc..
- Anoox Social Network conversations, where you can discuss your questions and Today's issues with real people in free flowing conversations and arrive at the best answers via back and forth discussions and debates that are FREE of Big Corporate biases.
- Anoox Polls, because sometimes the only way to get the Best answers out, to get the Truth out, is via Numerically tallying the collective Crowd Wisdom, which means doing so via Polls. Moreover Polls allow you to embed your questions and resulting answers into your Site.
Do I have to help with getting the best Answers out, or can I just share what I post with friends family and colleagues?
No, you do not have to help with getting the best Answers out. You can use your Anoox Social network account for posting and discussing what you want only
with friends, family and colleague. So if you want to meet new People and get more Free Traffic then you want to step into the Public side of your
Anoox Social network account and discuss Today's issues or answer member questions about subjects you are expert in. OTOH, if you just want to use
your Anoox Social network account to share your ideas, photos, videos, polls, etc. within your World that is just fine too.
What happens after someone Friends me?
After someone Friends you, then you will be informed of all their Anoox Social activities, such as Questions they post, Discussions they start, Videos they post, etc. and vis-versa they will informed of all your Social activities. So the more people that you Friend, the greater will be your (free) network effect.
Best way to make new Friends is to post answers to questions you are passionate or knowledgeable about and meet people similarly interested about same issues.
DO NOT SPAM. Only Friend People who you have genuine shared interest with. Otherwise, if you Friend people just to increase your Free network effect, you will be rejected by people you have asked to Friend, and if you are rejected by too many people you be will flagged as SPAMMer and rejected from the network.
What is the difference between 'Friend me' and 'Follow me'?
When you Follow someone, then you will be informed of all their Anoox Social activities, such as Questions they post, Discussions they start, Polls they create, etc. but they will not be informed of your Social activities. So whereas Friend-ing someone is a bi-directional connection, Following someone is a uni-directional connection. Note:
- Whereas Friend-ing someone requires sending them a message to Accept your invite to Friend each other. Following someone does not require sending a message and takes place instantly upon clicking the "Follow Me" button for them.
- Both the person that you are Following and you can always Reject/Cancel the connection from the related pages from your My Anoox dashboard.
How do I get more Free Traffic from Anoox social search network?
You can get Free Traffic from Anoox based on how Socially active you are on Anoox network:
- By passionately and thoughtfully discussing Today's news, by answering member questions in subject matter that you are expert in. And by being liked by other members for your answers & comments
- With every cool Photos & Videos you post to your Anoox Book that are Liked by others
- By helping to improve the search results via inputting likes, reviews and reports; and your inputs are Liked by others
How do I get Free Advertising from Anoox social search network?
As the only non-profit Search engine & Social network, Anoox does something quite unique, that is we give you Free Advertising. You get Free Advertising based on Anoox Credits you earn.
The primary way that you earn Anoox Credits is by supporting small businesses that Advertise on Anoox, this means by clicking on their Ads and visiting their Site and supporting them.
The secondary way that you can earn Anoox Credits is by placing your Free Anoox button on your Site, linked to your Anoox Book. The ultimate Goal of this effort is that we are creating an ecosystem
that delivers low cost effective Advertising to Small Businesses, which can be yourself Tomorrow.
What is My-2nd-Brain and how do I use it?
Anoox My-2nd-Brain is an AI based
personal productivity service, that empowers you to take Notes from Anywhere and Retrieve your Notes from Anywhere. Thus enabling you to Remember Everything
, so that you are much more Organized, Productive, and hence more Relaxed. Best of all Anoox My-2nd-Brain requires No App to download
, all you need is a Web browser that you already have on any device.
The best way to really appreciate the power of My-2nd-Brain, to see how much more productive it makes you, is by using it.
After all, Anoox My-2nd-Brain is another Free Advertising supported
service of Anoox network.
Use it to organize and remember the details of your next trip, your next home improvement project, your next party, etc. etc..
What is Anoox Chat service and can I use it on my Mobile phone?
Anoox Chat service is a simple and powerful chat service that you can use to Chat World Wide with Anoox members and/or your friend family and co-workers that
are not members by inviting them into your Chat room. Best of all Anoox Chat requires No App to download
, all you need is a Web browser.
And since Anoox Chat is a Web based Chat, you can use it instantly on any device, including your Mobile phone.
How do I creat a Poll or Survery and add it to my Site?
- To create a Poll, log into your Anoox Social networking account and click on Create Poll and proceed to enter the question and answers of your Poll along with look & feel customization you want and then click to create your Poll
- You can then embed your Poll into your Anoox questions or discussions or simply share your Poll as a free standing item
- You can also embed your Poll into your Site. You do this with an iFrame code, a 2 line HTML code, which you can Copy & Paste to where you want on your Site. After which your Site visitors will be able to partake in your Poll from your Site with your Poll seamlessly hosted on the Cloud by Anoox for Free
- A Survey is a group of Polls linked together to be taken one after another. To create a Survey, all you have to do is: when creating a Poll give the Polls the same Group Name.
What Video size I can Upload as Free Member? And how do I Upload larger Videos?
What is My-2nd-brain and How do I use it?
My-2nd-brain is another free service of your Anoox account. It is an AI based note taking system to enable you to Remember Everything
to be much more ogranized and productive
. The way it works is that you can put whatever notes you want into
your My-2nd-brain. As you type it will then instantly look for any matching Notes and will display them next to where you
are typing, with multiple icons next to each matching note, with these icons providing you with
related useful info about that notes, such as clicking to go to the URL that you linked this note to.
What are some Examples of how My-2nd-brain can make me more organized and productive?
- Property I saw in London on King street 3 years ago
- My cousin Peter's birthday dinner party
- Person I met on the train from Paris to Lyon last summer
- What time is the Business meeting I have next week at New York W Hotel
- Web Site of that potentially new client I saw driving on Oak Street
- Views from our Hotel in Hawaii from that trip we took 5 years ago
- etc. etc.
And instantly having these Notes with Photos of these Notes, that you took 3 days ago or 3 Years ago, at your finger tip, in contrast to spending Hours if not Days looking for these Notes and/or Photos. This Fabulous life
where you are organized with your Notes, with your thoughts, so you can be much more organized, productive and indeed more relaxed, is what you get from My-2nd-brain service of your Anoox account.
Are my Notes via My-2nd-brain viewable by anyone else?
NO, not unless you Share them. Notes you take via My-2nd-brain are only accessible and viewable by you. They are also Secured via
strong encryption so that they are 100% safe from any prying eyes.
- You can however share your notes with whom you want
- You can share your Notes with password required or no password required
- You can terminate sharing of a Note as you like, in which case no one will be able to view that Note but you
Can I have My-2nd-brain send me reminders about my Notes?
Yes. This is a Very Powerful Feature of your My-2nd-Brain service. Via this option you can set a Note to be an event that you should be reminded of.
You can then assign a Date & Time for the reminder. You will then be sent an email reminder about this Note at your selected date and time.
And you can designate a Note to be:
- A one time event, in which case you are sent 1 reminder about it.
- A recurring event, in which case you are sent recurring reminders about this event, so that you never again forget an Anniversary, a Birth Day, etc..
For Advertising related FAQ please Click here