I have a "subnet" of questions that relate to each other. I was wondering what the Christian community thought of these questions. Please include scriptural references.
1. Why should Christians pray?
2. What should Christians pray for?
3. How do Christians know if something is the will of God (to be prayed for or not)?
4. Why did Jesus pray?
5. Why is prayer not answered?
6. How should we pray?
I believe that all human beings, regardless of their religion, should pray. iF YOU CHOOSE TO AVOID COMMUNICATING WITH GOD, DO NOT EXPECT ANY FAVORS ON JUDGEMENT DAY.
Prayer gives us the MEDIUM TO ESTABLISH A SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.
ATHEISTS SHOULD REALIZE THAT A "ONE WAY" CONVERSATION WITH GOD IS NOT A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME.
ALL DOG OWNERS TALK TO THEIR DOGS. WHY DO THEY DO THAT? BECAUSE THEY HAVE ESTABLISHED THAT
THEIR PETS HAVE "EXTRA-SENSORY PERCEPTION". THE OMNIPOTENT CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE DOES NOT
MIND LISTENING TO BILLIONS OF PRAYERS EVERY DAY. HE CAN HANDLE IT, SIMPLY BECAUSE HE IS OMNIPOTENT.
1.Why should Christians pray? Gen 18:3 "!And said, My Adonai, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant" 1.To get favour from Elohim in our lifes 2.In the lives of others & 3.To be in touch with the Creator.
2. What should Christians pray for? 1.Salvation, 2.Grace and Favour, 3. Guidance, 4.Health and 5. Material Things
3. How do Christians know if something is the will of God (to be prayed for or not)? Read all the Scriptures at least twice every year. You will find answers and guidance for everything under the sun. Example: should I divorce my wife? No, unless is for adultery, and you should never commit that.
4. Why did Jesus pray? He was as much human as us and need the same care, strengh, grace, favour and love from Elohim as we need.
5. Why is prayer not answered? Because we ask for what is not the will of Elohim (God)
6. How should we pray? Try the Shema (Deu 6:4-9), the Lord's Prayer (Mat 6:9-13), or just read Salms.
Good Morning ! Well, one answer for #1 I don't see mentioned yet, I ask this question? Why should we talk to our love ones and friends? For communion and fellowship, to get to know God better, to grow in our relationship with Him. "You shall search me and find me; when you search for me with all your heart." He's a very good friend, most faithful and dependable one you could ever ask for!
Ad: Church Tithe Envelopes, R Tithe Envelopes, Custom Printed Church Tithe Envelopes, Offering Envelopes, Church, Tithe, Envelopes
Please note: we use a few tiny cookies on this site to enhance your user experience and to show you relevant advertising.